Legislative & Regulatory
Involvement in Shaping National Health Care Policy
One of the most important accomplishments for IFFGD has been to influence the allocation of funds for research and education and to help change health care policy in a more positive direction. Some of the activities of IFFGD and its leadership affecting these outcomes include:
- Membership and participation in The Digestive Disease National Coalition (DDNC), an advocacy organization comprised of the major national patient groups and professional societies concerned with digestive diseases.
- Membership and participation in the Alliance for a Stronger FDA, a coalition that unites a broad group of patient groups, consumer advocates, biomedical research advocates health professionals and industry to work to increase FDA‘s appropriations.
- Testimony to U.S. Congressional appropriations subcommittees in support of federally funded research for digestive conditions; and to regulatory agencies about patient needs.
- Membership appointments and participation in on federal advisory committees and commissions, including . . .
- Advisory Committee, NIH’s Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH)
- Commissioner, National Commission on Digestive Diseases (NCDD)
- Advisory Council, NIH National Institute Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Find out more about the depth and breadth of IFFGD’s Advocacy activities here.